Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yes, I Do Sometimes Crochet

This is my hat and scarf, though that is clearly not me wearing them.  I'm the one in the background, trying to get ready to go somewhere, but my hat and scarf were in use and she was too cute not to photograph first:


The pattern is a freebie from the Lion Brand site and there's a knitted version, but I used the crocheted version. At the time, I didn't own any double-pointed needles and was rather intimidated at the very thought of trying to use them. My crochet gauge, however, is not exactly industry-standard (okay, not even close), so I had to add a number of rows to get the hat wide enough for my liking. The ends of the scarf are pockets which double as clunky sort of gloves. This set is made from Lion Brand Homespun yarn, which is sometimes hard to work with, but gets wonderfully soft after a few washings.

No comments:

Post a Comment