Saturday, March 29, 2014

WIP: Scourge Knight Mini

This fellow is giving me quite a difficult time. His armor is far too cool to paint plain black or metallic, so I'm trying to give him the appearance of fire or glow coming from within. This is my second attempt (yes, the first attempt was just as bad). The effect is still not how I want to it look, plus apparently my hands were exceptionally shaky so I'm going to strip him again (I think he enjoys it) and start over.


If the third time isn't the charm, I'm either going to paint him black and metallic or I'm going to strip him, prime him, and put him in timeout on the shelf until he can behave in a manner more consistent with his alignment.


You might notice his chain whip broke off.  That's because the Chaos Marine he was having a disagreement with had a bolter:




Credits: 
Order of the Scourge Hellknight mini by Reaper Miniatures, #60024 sculpted by Bobby Jackson 
Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Marine with bolter mini by Games Workshop, sculptor unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment