Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tiny Brown Bear

Having encountered a bit of a snag in the kimono and socks I've been working on, I decided to knit one of the Mochimochi Land patterns I have; specifically, the panda. Looking around my desk, however, I didn't spot any black and white sock yarn. Instead, I went with the brown-green sock yarn that was in reach:
I had to add the mouth because the panda pattern doesn't need one.
In general, it doesn't go well when I knit animals with brown yarn; initially, this little fellow didn't look much like a bear. In fact, he looked like an acorn or a nutmeg or, as much as I tried to deny it, a tiny turd. Fortunately, now that he's got limbs and features, he looks like a bear. I'd hate to have to blog about the Adventures of CrapCat and TurdBear.

No comments:

Post a Comment