Thursday, July 15, 2010

RPG Painted Mini - Goblin Ninja

Here he is, original unpainted mini and photo from Reaper Minis, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:
Here's my painted version:
Yes, he's standing on a wad of Museum Putty stuck to a wooden disk, balanced on two makeup sponges for height. I use makeup sponges to prop up my minis sometimes if they have to dry at odd angles, e.g. face down. The rear-view picture is uncropped to show scale: the game mat is covered in 1-inch squares and the makeup sponges are 1x2 inches. I point this out because at that scale, it's easy to make a yarnpaintblob. I didn't see this one until after I'd taken photos:
Fortunately, it was a 5-minute fix:
All I have to do now is varnish him, hopefully without over-varnishing him like I did with the Guild Assassin, and he'll be one more completed mini in my collection. Boo-yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment