Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tadaaa - The Mohawk!

Here it is, in all its glory, modeled by my youngest:



I got the pattern from this really cool book sent to me by Virginia Knits:
Okay, I admit, I'm a child of the 80's and so's my Hubby. As soon as they saw the book, my youngest requested a mohawk hat in camo. He got his first because I already had camo-colored yarn, heheh. It doesn't "felt" like wool, so I just split the plies and it stands up pretty well. He didn't want to wait long enough for me to wash and block the thing, and so far, he hasn't taken it off.

It was an easy knit, which is good because I already have several more requests for these things and some other stuff that's in the book. Thanks, Virginia!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! I'm glad you're getting some use out of the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx :-D He wore it to school today and apparently the teachers loved it, heheh

    ReplyDelete