Friday, January 29, 2010

A Well-Traveled Blog

Those who don’t know what Google Analytics are will most likely have no idea what I’m talking about, but I get a certain thrill when I realize someone from some far away place has viewed my blog, however briefly. So far, I've gotten views from most of our continents. I love it when my blog gets views from places like the UK, the Netherlands, Australia, Germany: anywhere I’ve not been to but would like to go. Heck, even DC and California, both of which I have been to, give me a little thrill when they show up in my blog stats. It’s like a little connection to someone somewhere far away, even if the viewer bounced right back off my site. It’s like having a tiny vacation to somewhere new, with all the potential for fun and new friends that a real vacation carries with it. I get especially goose-pimply when it’s somewhere completely new; somewhere even my blog hasn’t been before. Maybe I should have dubbed it the YSS Enterprise (Yarnvana Star Ship). Makes me want to create a little knitted globe and put pins or stars or something on it for everywhere my blog has been. Of course, Google Analytics already has a little map viewer, which I find fascinating. Or maybe I’m just a nerd. That said, I can’t wait to see where my blog goes next.

1 comment:

  1. I get the same sort of thrill too, I just hadn't realized it until to put your thoughts to it. I keep waiting for that little weather station in Antarctica to pop up on the map. :)

    ReplyDelete