Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cable Knitting Test Swatch

This is a test swatch for a hat and scarf set I'll be knitting for my best friend (who has no blog - what's up with that?):


The yarn is Ella Rae Classic Superwash (100% wool) in Color 36, which is a dark teal, though the scan doesn't quite match the actual color. The pattern I'll be using is a set from Cables Untangled (pp. 33-35), by Melissa Leapman, which is a wonderful book with lots of schematics. Here's how the original looks:


Isn't that cute? Let's hope I can make the finished product look like that. But in teal.

To my credit, my cable knitting has improved over time. I used to pull the yarn too tight on the crossovers, trying to make sure there were no gaps, and this did interesting (translated: bad) things to my gauge. I gave that up and now it looks like it should, and my gauge is right. Boo-yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment