Monday, March 15, 2010

Dice Bag Liners

I've received an inquiry recently via the D20-Pathfinder SRD site about the liners I make in my dice bags.

In a nutshell, once the outer layer is complete, I use a thinner complementary yarn for the liner (often a sock yarn), adjust for the difference in gauge, and pick-up and knit inside the dice bag about a quarter-inch to a half-inch below where the drawstring will be. The outer layer is inside-out and upside-down for this part so that ultimately, the wrong sides of both layers will face each other and the user will see the two right sides. Were I to crochet a dice bag, I suppose I would do something similar but create the first row of the liner by crocheting on the inner loop only of the row where the liner is to start.

Hopefully that will help. If you need more information, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions. You can also click on the "dice bags" label at the lower left of my blog here for pictures of what the liners look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment